Friday, January 15, 2010

parker.hello


Parker Snipes Mosley was born at 36 weeks by Cesarean section at 12:00 midnight on Friday, January 15th at Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC. He weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and measured 21.25 inches.

My water broke at 5:30 Wednesday morning, so technically it took over 40 hours, but I never progressed into hard labor so it wasn't that bad. But at 10:30 Thursday night my blood pressure and Parker's heart rate got too high so they moved us up to the front of the line for surgery.

I was in and out of consciousness during the surgery, but Mark was right there with me. I didn't get to meet Parker until 9:00 the next morning because they had to take him to the NICU to stabilize his breathing, but Mark saw him for a moment in the operating room and got this picture before they took him away.

Despite it all, we are so glad Parker came early. Not only because I was miserable over the last month and he would have gotten ginormous with 4 more weeks...but because we couldn't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment