Friday, September 30, 2011

a-is-for.abba


Parker loves to read all the time, even when he is riding in the car. Right now, he is obsessed with any kind of book or puzzle that is about the alphabet. This explains why, even though he still calls me "Daddy" instead of "Mommy"  half the time, he can correctly name a Yak with 100% accuracy in any context. On this particular day, Parker was reading his Berenstain Bears book so intently that I just had to stop the car to take a picture.  A little while later, he fell asleep just as we were about to reach our destination, so I decided to wake him up by blasting "Dancing Queen" by Abba and trying to get him to dance with me through the mirrors. That book came flying backwards over his seat with the force of a major league pitch and hit the windshield with a loud whack. Just yesterday he started crying in the car and I noticed "Take A Chance on Me" was playing, so I skipped to the next song on the iPod and he calmed right down. Coincidence? You decide.

1 comment:

  1. We just discovered ABBA a couple of years ago; I skipped over the 70's while we were there. I listened to the 50's and 60's and finally tuned back in during the 80's.
    If Parker doesn't like the music please avoid showing him the movie "Mama Mia,"

    ReplyDelete